Saturday, July 31, 2010

What is our context?

This post is all about trying to figure out what context we should be designing for.

Our context is obviously limited to developing countries, but with this said there are many areas that need assistance. One place that some of us have previously looked at is Cambodia, having some previous knowledge of the context could be beneficial in the long run.

I know in Cambodia that they use this grass for weaving, they can make rugs, bags, clothing and anything they need out of this grass, I think it called Roncheck grass or something like that if I remember correctly. I couldn't find any other natural material that was unique to Cambodia and also could be utilised in this project, but I'm sure there is something, I just haven't been able to find any info.

Please post your thoughts either as a thread or just edit this post.
Pat.

No comments:

Post a Comment